When buying a boat antenna, it is important to know what you’re getting. Our article has a list of the best and most affordable boat antennae as well as tips on how to use them.
Our top picks Best Boat Antennas Sale:
The Best Boat Antennas Reviews
Looking for the Best Boat Antennas On A Budget? We are here to help! In this article, we review the Best Boat Antennas on the market and give recommendations for different budgets.
How To Pick The Best Boat Antennas On A Budget?
Boat antennas are the most important feature on the boat. The antenna is what is used to connect to your WiFi and cell service, so you will be able to use your phone or computer when you are on the boat. You can either buy a new antenna, or upgrade your current one by adding more bandwidth. Boat antennas come in all shapes and sizes, but a good rule of thumb is that the larger it is, the weaker it will transmit and receive signals. To figure out which size would work best for you, you’ll have to measure how much space the current antenna takes up.
Herdio Waterproof Marine Antenna Rubber Duck Dipole Flexible Mast FM AM Antenna for Boat Radio Car ATV UTV RZR SPA-Black
- Excellent Perfomance：Range of up to 10 miles for all Marine Band Car Home radio frequencies
- Advantage：Flexible mast, 180-degrees Swivel base for maximum mobility
- Portable installation：Angled mounting options allow you to install the antenna in the most convenient locations
- Corrosion Resistant：Corrosion resistant for the marine environment
- Dimensions：included 16.9 inch mast,55 inch cable
AntennaMastsRus - Marine White AM-FM Rubber Ducky 15 Inch Antenna Kit for Your ATV, Boat, Camper, Go Kart, Motorhome, Pontoon, RV, Sailboat, Tractor, Trailer, UTV, Yacht
$16.99 in stock
- FITS: ALL MARINE APPLICATIONS, Boat, Yacht, Sailboat, RV, Motorhome, Trailer, Camper, Go Kart and more!!
- 15" Tall White Rubber Antenna - 55" Long Reception Wire, with a Standard Connector
- Shallow 1" Mounting Space Needed - 180 Degree Swivel Base, adjusts 90 degrees in both directions. 1" Mounting Area Needed Mounts to wall thickness 0.28" or less. Mounts through hole as small as 0.23" up to 1.0"
- Wrench Supplied for Adjusting
- Ships from Wisconsin!!
ZOMCHAIN Marine VHF Antenna Mounts, Ratchet Mount, 316 Stainless Steel Adjustable Base Mount for Boat
- ✔ Size: Base measures 3 9/16" x 2 1/2" , 0.87" - 10 thread male, 3/8" hole for cable pass through, Hole diameter 5/16"
- ✔ 316 Stainless steel: Marine grade 316 stainless steel, rust-proof, Excellent seawater corrosion-resistant and durable. Highly polished to a beautiful mirror-like finish
- ✔ Packaging: There are two kinds of screw fittings for your choice, one is the bolt, the other is the screw (All accessories are made of 316 stainless steel)
- ✔ Anti-Corrosion Materials: Marine Antenna Mount made of precision cast 316 marine grade stainless steel
- ✔ Exquisite design：The antenna pedestal has two adjustable ratchets. The upper ratchet has an adjustable angle of 270 degrees and the lower ratchet has an adjustable angle of 180 degrees
Marine VHF Antenna Mounts, Adjustable Base VHF Antenna Mount for Boat, 316 Stainless Steel, Heavy Duty, Include Installation Accessories Screws
- 【Size】: Fits all standard 1-inch marine antennas. Base measures 3.62x 2.52 inch.
- 【316 Stainless Steel】:TINGZHIGO Marine VHF Antenna Mounts are made of 316 stainless steel. In humid air or high-temperature weather, compared with 304 stainless steel or iron material, 316 stainless steel has stronger anti-rust, abrasion resistance.
- 【Dual Swiveling Ratchet Design】Dual swiveling ratchet design, the marine VHF antenna mounts have two adjustable ratchets that can be easy to adjust mounting on slanted or level surfaces.
- 【Easy for installation】Upper ratchet: When the handle is set upright, you can adjust upper ratchet, it has an adjustable angle of 270 degrees. Once you have determined the angle you want, pull the handle down to hold it in place. Lower ratchet: First, you loosen the screw in lower ratchet and you can adjust it to the angle you want. The lower ratchet has an adjustable angle of 180 degrees. Finally, you have determined the angle you want, tighten the screws in lower ratchet.
- 【Packaging】: 1x Marine VHF Antenna Mount,4x Screws,4 xBolts,4x Nuts . We provide screws for you to install. You can choose the screws according to your actual situation. (Screws are made of 316 stainless steel). Before delivery, we will carefully check each product to ensure the quality of our products, make sure that there will be no deformation and fading will occur. Please feel free to buy it. If there is any problem, please contact us, and we will try our best to solve your problem.
HYS VHF Marine Antenna Waterproof 3DBI 43.3inch Fiberglass Antennas W/22.9ft(7m) RG58 Low Loss Premium Coaxial Cable with PL259/ Built-in to Nylon Ratchet Mount
- FrequencyRange: 156-163MHz; Band width:5MHz; Within2.0:1 VSWR; Impedance:50Ω;
- VSWR: Nominally 1.5:1 at 159.5 MHz ; Gain: 3.0dBi; Polarization:Vertical;
- Horizontal Beam Width: 360º; Vertical Beam Width: 58º; DC Ground: NoDCGround;
- 43.3inch Fiberglass Antenns; Nylon Box Dimensions: 4.7"(12cm)H x 2.6"(6.8cm)W x 3.7"(9.5cm)L;
- VHF fiberglass Antenna Designed for any 156-163MHz device for receivers, 156-163MHz antenna for 156-163MHz device receivers to improve signal in receiving and transmitting.
Calissa Offshore Tackle Marine VHF Antenna Mount – Adjustable Base Mounts Ratchet Boat for Boats – Made with 316 Stainless Steel Mounts
$34.99 in stock
- CORROSION RESISTANT: High Quality Marine Grade 316 Stainless Steel does not rust or corrodes in salt environment
- HEAVY DUTY CONSTRUCTION: Highly Polished mount fits all standard 1" marine antennas
- NO HASSLE WARRANTY: 1 year Manufacturer’s factory defect Warranty
- PRECISE MEASUREMENT: Base measures 2 1/2" x 3 9/16" Mount has 3/8" hole for cable pass through, Hole diameter 5/16"
- 316 STAINLESS STEEL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: 1/4" Screws, Nuts, Bolts, and Washers for deck or bulkhead mounting
AntennaMastsRus - Universal Hidden Style AM-FM AMPLIFIED Radio Antenna for (Boat's-Hot Rod's-Golf Cart's-Dune Buggies-Harley's-Motorcycle's-Camper-Trailer-Motorhome-ATV-UTV-Recreational Vehicle's)
- +16db AM/FM Amplifier For Stronger Reception
- Peel and Stick adhesive for custom mounting
- Easy Installation for Everyone! Instructions Included
- 13 3/8 inch wide, 107" Standard Motorola reception wire
- Ships from Wisconsin!! 1 Year Warranty
Bingfu Boat Ship Marine GPS Navigation External Antenna (5m Cable) Compatible with Garmin GPSMAP MAP NavTalk StreetPilot Furuno Matsutec Trimble GPS Modem Receiver Unit Transducer Fishfinder Sounder
- Compatible with Boat Ship Marine GPS Navigation System Unit Modem Receiver Transducer Explorer Fishfinder Sounder;
- Frequency Range: 1575±5MHz; LNA Gain: 28 dB;
- Frequency Range: 1575±5MHz; Voltage: 3V-5V; LNA Gain: 28 dB typ.
- Cable Length: 5m / 16.5 feet; Connector Type: BNC Male Connector; Accessoried Adapter: TNC Male to BNC Female Connector Adapter;
- Package List: 1 x Antenna, 1 x Connector Adapter; (As the Picture Shown)
What types of Boat Antenna are there?
There are many different types of boat antenna. Broadband antenna is typically used if you only need to communicate with your local shoreline, while a monoband antenna will be more powerful and can send and receive a wider range of signals than the broadband.
How to use Boat Antennas properly
Boat antennae allow your boat to receive VHF and UHF radio waves, making it easy to communicate with the Coast Guard or other boats. The antennae have three components: a mast, an aerial, and a ground plane. The mast is the vertical threaded rod that extends through the deck of your boat and then connects to the aerials. The aerials are held by saddles that are connected to each other on either side of the mast. When one saddle rotates 180 degrees, it switches from transmitting to receiving mode.
Why is it Important to use the right Boat Antenna
When you are looking for a good, quality boat antenna, it is important that you use the right one. This is true because the wrong choice can affect your experience with the boat greatly. When buying an antenna for your boat, you need to look for features like weatherproofing and noise canceling. Also important is finding an antenna that has been tested by various marine engineers to make sure that it will work well on your particular boat.